Thursday, January 16, 2014

SPLAT! Hair Chalk Review! (Violet Sky)

Have you ever wanted to dye your hair a fun, vivid, and not so permanent color?!

Well, now you can!
I was at Wal-Mart in the hair color section when I noticed that SPLAT (the hair color brand) had some new products that I haven't seen!

So I thought, WHAT IS THIS STUFF!!! :)
They have new types of temporary hair dyes in a few fun bright colors, and they also carry hair chalk!

I was sooo excited for the hair chalk because I hate the hastle of having to dye my hair a different color every time I want my hair to be different. And sometimes I only want a certain hair color for so long of a time. So there are Five different hair chalk colors to choose from. There's Silver Moon, which is a beautiful Pastel Baby blue. Dusty Rose is a cute pastel magenta pink. Mint Candy is a nice pastel mint blue. And Last but not least, Midnight blue which is a gorgeous deep blue color (meant for darker hair).

All these colors are BEAUTIFUL and fun. BUT, there's the But. These colors are honestly meant for light to blonde hair (besides Midnight Blue). Because the colors are so pastel, they don't show up too well on darker hair. So if your hair is medium/dark brown to black, these colors will not show up as they are on the box.:(
Sad truth.

My bangs are Bleached and that's why the color showed up so well on my hair! :)

But I tried to put some hair chalk on my dark hair and it did not work the same as my bleached bangs. It just comes out like a faded deep purple. :(

PRICING?!
I got this product at Wal-Mart for $4.99 Pl.tax
And I know you can also get this online as well.
But Overall, Not expensive at all! And a great alternative for girls who don't want to wreck their hair with dyes and bleach! :)

The Application process is quite simple. The box comes with Your Hair Chalk, of course. :)
And it also comes with a small round black sponge. (which helps to apply the chalk)

Honestly, I don't find the little sponge to be too handy, its works good for applying the chalk to your roots. But that's pretty much it.
*SPLAT HAIR CHALK*
-In Violet Sky-

HOW TO APPLY HAIR CHALK:
1. this CAN get a little bit messy so BE CAREFUL with your clothes!!! (it won't stain your hands cause it washes off just fine)
2. Pick a small piece of hair that you first want to chalk
3. Then grab your hair chalk and put the chalk lying face down on your hair.
4. Use your thumb to hold hair against the hair chalk and slowly with very light pressure, Glide the chalk down the strip of hair.
5. you should have some chalk on your hair already
6. If the color is not strong enough, simply repeat the application until you get the desired color. :)

And at the end of the day when you take a shower or wash your hair, the chalk will wash out and its like it was never there!

So like I said it is a simple, fun, and cool product at a great price at that!

I GIVE THIS PRODUCT

                              FIVE STARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment